BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Friday, May 18, 2012

Hurricanes Land Huge Commit

Wayne Hills (N.J.) class of 2013 quarterback Kevin Olsen committed to the University of Miami on Friday, choosing the Hurricanes over Auburn and Wisconsin.

Olsen (6-3, 195) is ranked as the nations fifth best pro-style quarterback and the No. 51 prospect overall.

"I knew I was kind of leaning towards there and (Thursday) night I told my Mom and Dad I want to go to Miami," Olsen said.

“It came down at the end he had some good schools, three different types of schools, he saw a glob mixture of stuff, and I think in the end he felt good about Coach (Jedd) Fisch and Coach (Al) Golden,” his father and coach Chris Olsen said. “We’ve known Al for a while because he recruited my other boys. Between Kevin going to camp last year and coming back again, he built up a great relationship with the coaching staff and Coach Fisch with his background with quarterbacks is a great thing.”

Olsen's older brother and former Miami Hurricane Greg Olsen couldn't be any happier for his brother.  

"He said great and he's happy for me," Kevin Olsen said. "As much as he wanted to say (he wasn't pushing me), he wanted me to go to Miami. That didn't play a big role in it, but at the end of the day that's where I wanted to go and he's real happy."

Welcome to the []_[] family.  

0 comments: