BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tracy Howard Commits to Miami

Oh, I don't know exactly what to say.  Just think, only a month ago Miami wasn't even in the picture for Howard.  But now, he is the cherry on the top.
 
During his announcement, said Howard (5-11 180), "I will be spending the next three to four years furthering my education and my athletic ability at the University of Miami."  He goes on to explain, "I chose the University of Miami because I look at the overall picture of it from an academic standpoint to a opportunity standpoint.  Playing early, that's a big part of it."
 
"Why not win in my home town, my city?  Why not do it there?"  Exactly what I was thinking--a la Deon Bush.

The crowd erupted following Howard's decision.  It was a wild ride for the youngster.  Miami was the first school to offer Howard when he was only a sophomore and he didn't put much thought into Miami.  He had offers from nearly every large school in the country--including Alabama, LSU, Florida State, and Florida--to name a few. 

However, it would be Howard's friends and teammates (Duke Johnson, Deon Bush, and Malcolm Lewis) who made a hard push for him.  It was even rumored that if Howard signed with Miami, Duke Johnson would give up his treasured No. 3 jersey. 

Howard admitted to finally making his decision on Wednesday morning.  Analysts were sure that he would be off to Gainesville. 

Howard becomes Miami's eighth defensive back commit in their 2012 class.  He finished his senior season with 55 tackles, 10 interceptions, and one punt returned for a touchdown.

Welcome to the []_[]!


0 comments: