BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cortez Kennedy Voted into Canton

Former Seattle Seahawk, and UM alum, Cortez Kennedy was elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Kennedy amassed a prestigious NFL career - one that lasted 11 seasons and took him to 8 Pro Bowls.  Drafted in 1990, he was the 3rd overall pick and became a permanent starter for the Seahawks following his rookie season.  In his entire career, Kennedy started all but 9 games  and finished with 58 total sacks.


In regards to playing with Seattle for his entire career, said Kennedy, “I didn't want to go anywhere else."  You know, I could have played for a couple other teams, but that Seahawks organization, ever since I was there until today, has just been outstanding. They treated me right and I know some of my teammates that played there, everybody likes to come back to Seattle. Like I said, players move around, I guess they get better contracts, but one thing I can say is that the Seahawks wanted me there."

Kennedy had been a finalist three other times prior to being elected in 2012. 

0 comments: